Classic Oldies trivia quiz
Try your luck with these 1950s questions. Answers at the bottom of the page. Good Luck
1950s Trivia Quiz Questions
1. Which film, starring Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr, was released in June 1956?
2. Bill and Mark Richards invented what new sporting equipment in 1958?
3. Which company introduced the first plastic credit card in 1950?
4. In 1954, which British athlete broke the Four Minute Mile?
5. Which children's toy made television history in 1952 by becoming the first toy ever to be advertised on TV?
6. The first issue of which British children�s comic was published in April 1950?
7. In 1955, a woman in Alabama, U.S.A was arrested for violating the segregated seating laws on a bus. What was her name?
8. Which five swinging drinking buddies made up the "Rat Pack"?
9. In 1952 Gibson introduced what model electric guitar?
10. One of Hollywood's favourite "tough guys" lost his battle against cancer in 1957 who was it.
11. What toy made it's debut at the 1959 New York toy fair?
12. Which British comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit Tears?
13. Which Ben won 11 Oscars in 1959?
14. Disneyland, which opened in 1955, was divided into which four themed areas?
15. Frank Sinatra married which actress in 1951, whose marriage lasted until 1957?
16. Which Doctor Who became TV's first Robin Hood in 1953 ?
17. Who founded the Tamla Motown record label?
18. What was the name of the Soviet Union's satellite that was put into orbit on October 5, 1957?
19. Which toy, brought from Australia, was huge in 1958 and sold over 70 million?
20. Which 1960s easy-listening Irish crooner was famed for his rocking chair and knitted jumpers?
21. Which company produced the first jukeboxes to play 45 rpm singles in 1950?
22. What was Elvis Presley's first number one hit?
23. What folksy British singer-songwriting guitarist was famous also for his whistling?
24. Who sang the theme song to the film Born Free?
25. Leslie Caron and Maurice Chevallier co-starred in which movie released in 1958?
26. What is the brand name of the fabric hook-and-loop fastener which had its commercial introduction in the late 1950s?
27. In 1953, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay became the first men to reach the summit of which mountain?
28. Who were the famous backing singers on most of Elvis Presley's early hits?
29. Whose nickname was a derived from the term satchel-mouth?
30. What Eastenders star sang on the novelty hit Come Outside?
Answers1. The King and I
3. Diners Club
4. Roger Bannister
5. Hasbro's Mr. Potato Head
7. Rosa Parks
8. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford
9. Les Paul
10. Humphrey Bogart
12. Ken Dodd
13. Ben Hurr
14. Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowlan
15. Ava Gardner
16. Patrick Troughton
17. Berry Gordy
18. Sputnik 1
20. Val Doonican
22. Heartbreak Hotel in 1956
23. Roger Whittaker
24. Matt Monro
28. The Jordanaires
29. Louis Armstrong (Satchmo)
30. Wendy Richard
Request a song
- Have you got a favourite oldie that you've not heard played on the radio for ages? then drop us an e-mail and we will get it on the radio for you.
- To request a song e-mail: studio@ClassicOldies.co.uk