Classic Oldies trivia quiz
Try your luck with these 60's questions. Answers at the bottom of the page. Good Luck
1960's Questions1. Which orchestra-leader, born in Italy but based in Britain, became the first artist to sell a million stereo albums?
2. What do these hits have in common; "Juliet", "Sherry" and "Reach Out I'll Be There" ?
3. She was the best-known female folk-singer of the 1960s but her only British top ten hit that decade was "There But For Fortune" in 1965; who was she ?
4. What 1965 protest song was a hit for Barry McGuire and urged us to "Think of all the hate there is in Red China, then take a look around at Selma, Alabama"?
5. American novelty singer Tiny Tim has a US hit with "Tiptoe Thru The Tulips" and a British hit with "Great Balls of Fire"; what instrument did he play?
6. Complete the title of The Ohio Express's biggest hit from 1968: "Yummy Yummy ..."
7. Which British star reached number 1 in America in 1966 with "Sunshine Superman"?
8. Which girl group had a worldwide hit in 1964 with "Chapel of Love"?
9. What was Smokey Robinson's most famous band called?
10. Who sang the theme to the 1966 James Bond film "Thunderball"??
11. Lesley Gore had a top 5 US hit in 1963 with "Judy's Turn To Cry"; what number 1 was it the sequel song to?
12. Who wrote the musical "Oliver" as well as Cliff Richard's hit "Living Doll"??
13. Although he never had a number 1 hit, Billy Fury reached the top 3 on four occasions; name one of those four songs?
14. In 1960 the Shadows' reached number 1 with their first release without Cliff, what was its title?
15. Who appeared as Barbara Pegg in the 1967 film "To Sir With Love" and sang the title song?
2. The number four (hits of the Four Pennies, Four Seasons and Four Tops
3. Joan Baez
4. Eve of Destruction
8. The Dixie-Cups
9. The Miracles
10. Tom Jones
11. It's My Party
12. Lionel Bart
13. "Halfway To Paradise"; "Jealousy"; "Like I've never Been Gone"; "When Will You Say I Love You"
Request a song
- Have you got a favourite oldie that you've not heard played on the radio for ages? then drop us an e-mail and we will get it on the radio for you.
- To request a song e-mail: studio@ClassicOldies.co.uk